Monday, August 20, 2012

Eat Mor Chikin

Yesterday restored my faith in the American people. About a month ago, Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathey came out affirming his view that marriage should be one man and one woman. Really, this should have been expected. He's a CHRISTIAN, an Evangelical. So the reason that the gay community decided to just now explode over this escapes me. Now let me be clear: I do not hate homosexuals. Period. Does this mean I have to agree with them? No! And if disagreeing with someone means you hate them, then they are just as guilty of "hate speech" as we are. What spurred the movement was the vile remarks and attacks against Mr. Cathey because of his beliefs. Mike Huckabee, former governor of my home state, asked that everyone show up at Chick-Fil-A on August 1 to support free speech. Really, Dan Cathey has a right to an opinion just as anyone else. Why is it that when a company comes out and supports gay marriage are they seen by the media as wonderful while those of us who disagree with gay marriage are called intolerant, homophobic, and bigoted? Maybe they're the ones being intolerant. Just sayin'. Chick-Fil-A was my soapbox for the first few days of August. I honestly wondered why I was taking the Appreciation Day so seriously, but then realized that it had to do with my beliefs being attacked with leaders trying to forbid a legitimate business for coming into their cities just because of their beliefs. As the old saying goes, "Evil prevails when good men do nothing." Anyway, the turnout August 1 was record breaking in the company! I did not foresee this kind of turnout and it happened! It really restored my faith in the American people. It was also a time to realize that God isn't finished with America. Our job is to love everyone regardless; His job is to bring them into His kingdom, to experience love like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment