Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yielding to God's Master Plan

I have been reading Gloria Copeland's book "God's Master Plan for Your Life," (which, by the way, I totally recommend. You can buy it here http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Master-Plan-Your-Life/dp/B005MWM8LU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335847841&sr=1-1). When the Holy Spirit first nudged me to buy this book, I was a little resistant. Maybe because I knew there would be things in there that would rub me the wrong way at a first glance. Turns out I was right. But isn't it amazing; when the Holy Spirit convicts me about something I'm doing wrong, it kinda hurts at first (I mean hey, who in this world is excited and super-pumped about receiving correction?) but later, I realize "Hey! He was right!" I'm still a little hurt about NCU. The more posts I see on Facebook from my friends who are graduating and from Reach Out Minneapolis (one of the ministries I worked with), the more I cringe on the inside. Am I happy for those who are graduating? YES! Am I happy about all that God is doing through Reach Out and the Student Ministries Board? YES! Am I happy that I'm not there to celebrate and minister and learn up there? uh...NO! But I know that if I were still up there, I would not be where God wants me. It's so easy to become like the Israelites in the wilderness; to get my focus off of God and look at my surroundings. I'm currently living with my parents and nowhere closer to a degree. I don't really have a ministry like I did up in Minneapolis. Most of my friends are either away at school or in Shreveport, LA. There is no Encounter on Friday nights, no chapel everyday, no community of women that I can get spiritual encouragement from and vice versa. I work at a preschool (which, not gonna lie, I LOVE!). Who would have thought that my life up till now would be like this? How could this of all things be God's plan for me? I didn't want to be the psyched-up kid who tells everybody "God called me to go to North Central!!!" and then after three semesters, drops out due to some lame excuse. Yet, that's what happened to me (Although finances could be considered plausible..). Yeah, it's easy to complain. But why would I complain about God, accusing Him of messing me around when He only wants the best for me? That's what the Israelites did when they were in the wilderness. Their refusal to believe kept them out of the land God had promised them, the land flowing with milk and honey. Hebrews 3:12-19 tells it like this: 12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. 15 As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.”[b] 16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed[c]? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief. Even though the Israelites had seen God save them time and time again, they still rebelled against the One who loved them and cared for them better than any parent. When push came to shove they wouldn't believe God could save them out of it. UNBELIEF--refusal to surrender and take responsibility--kept that generation of Israelites out of God's best plan for them. I don't want to make the same mistakes they did on my journey with God. I don't want to disconnect from God's Master Plan just because its not going as fast as I would like it to. Or because its not what I planned. He knows better than me about where I belong. That being understood, I have made the decision to just keep trusting Him and keep staying in His rest until He moves me elsewhere. In the meantime, I will continually surrender my desires and my plans to the One who loves me and understands me better than anyone. The LORD will fulfill His plans for my life. For Your faithful love, O LORD endures forever. Psalm 138:8 And for those of you out there who are in the same boat as I am, BE OF GOOD CHEER! And remember Jeremiah 29:11. Peace out! J

No comments:

Post a Comment