Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fed Up

I never thought I would ever say this but...

I miss Minneapolis.

Not that my home life is terrible. I have awesome parents. I have great friends. But I haven't been able to do evangelism like I used to, and to make matters worse, I can't just come and go as I please. I have to jump through hoops to get anywhere, and really it seems that the farthest I can walk away from the house is to the store to get an Icee.

Also, I've been slacking on my time with God and I've let my flesh take over more. I'm angry, depressed, and just downright frustrated with life right now. It's all too easy to see what I do not have (I know about those whose lives have been affected by tornados; please do not guilt trip me with this one. I have been praying for these people too).

And the gluten free diet? I hate it. I hate it more than anything. Seems like not matter how hard I try, I still manage to (oops, too late!)ingest gluten and get myself sick. I hate having to jump through hoops just to find something safe to eat because I can't just eat what I used to. I have to check every label, every ingredient. It's frustrating beyond all reason. Plus, the special food Mom and Dad have to buy me are also pretty expensive. That only makes me hate it more.

However, on a brighter (MUCH brighter) note, my brother is getting married this fall to his sweetheart, Sydney. Our family got to meet her and her mom over the weekend in Shreveport, and we hit it off right away. They're the sweetest people I've ever met. Sydney was just made for Stephen, I can tell; and I will FINALLY have a sister! :)

Well, that's my speil for today. Sorry for all the negativity; I have no excuse. If anything, I'll probably reread this when I'm in a better mood and be all like, "WHAT?? WHY DID I WRITE THAT?"

1 comment:

  1. As soon as we get back to school, I am going to give you a big hug!!! Like 20 of them...you might not need them then but it might make you feel better that they're coming. =)

    ReplyDelete