Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Possible Double-Major?

Hey y'all,

So recently the Lord has led me to Evangelism and Church Planting as the ministry that He wants me involved in. I would love to do that as my major with a Deaf Culture Studies Supporting Program or the other way around. This fall, I will be taking Biblical Principles of Evangelism to get my feet in the water.

As for Interpreting, well I'm just not sure. Interpreters are in high demand these days thanks to the Americans with Disabilities Act. As much as I would love to focus on just the Evangelism and Church Planting part of the Deaf community, people are telling me that it's important to have a "marketable skill," especially in the economy we're in. I completely understand this, but understand, ministry has been my passion from the beginning. Not Interpreting.

So yes, I am torn. Torn between the thing I love the most and the secular job that I respect the most. Thankfully, my parents are supportive of whatever I decide to do.

I will keep seeking the Lord about this, but for now I will be doing a double-major. However, that means I will be at NCU a total of six years.

As much as I love NCU.....bleh

1 comment:

  1. Follow God, not people.
    If your heart is not in interpreting, than maybe it's not best for you. If you truly have a heart for mastering the skill of interpreting, than I say go for the double major. Now that the CDS program is staying, you might want to consider looking further into the majors that program offers. :)

    I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete