Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year Bloggin'

The holidays have come and gone, resolutions have been made, and our church's annual three-week fast is coming up quickly!

I was originally planning to not participate. After all, I'm going to school three states away, and I'm not even going to get to see anyone at least until March. Good reason to sit this one out, right?

Wrong!

During this break, the Lord has been dealing with me about participating in the corporate fast and throwing myself into it fully! The more I meditate on this, the more I can see the need for fasting and prayer in my life. Fasting is the act of denying the flesh in order to see spiritual growth within oneself and corporately, within the church.

My theme for this year is based off James 1:21 which says "Be ye doers of the Word of God and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."

Short version? Be a Doer.

Church-goers don't get results. People who put God's word in practice do.

So if you've been going to church for twelve years and are still in the same position spiritually, financially, and physically, then someone isn't doing something right! And that someone ain't God! To those of you who work with computers, this would be called a PEBCAC problem! ;).
(To those of you who know nothing about computers PEBCAC means Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair :) ).

If we're not getting results, that means its time for us to pray about what we're doing wrong! God has already promised us healing, deliverance, prosperity, and protection in His Word; it's time for us to stand on those promises and become doers and speakers of the Word of God.

Because in the end, doers win :)

No comments:

Post a Comment