Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What Not to Wear

Trouble with deciding what not to wear is a common problem with us girls.

We want something that makes us feel pretty, amazing, I mean c'mon you get the picture!

The bad thing is the clothes sizes are shrinking, the shorts are being made shorter, and well they just don't make jeans like they used to.

It seems now that whatever is "cool" for us to wear, actually make us look like hoochie-mamas. In fact the shirt I'm wearing now would show my midriff if not for a tank top worn underneath!

Some may ask me why I've taken dressing modestly so seriously, and I'd tell them I'm dressing to glorify God and not tempt my brothers in Christ to lust.

You think I'm overreacting. Go to any theme park, or swimming pool, or even a Victoria's Secret store and you will see girls with (as Brother Dane says) "Not enough clothes on to cover up a hummingbird." I've seen it for myself and I can't help but wonder what's going on in the minds of guys through all that exposed flesh! Yes, I know how God created you guys! LOL

I'm committing to dress in a way that glorifies God. Will you join me?

1 Timothy 2:9-10

9I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

Mind you, that doesn't mean we can't wear nice things. It just says that outward appearances ought not to be the only thing we pay attention to! :)

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment