Friday, August 7, 2009

Fine Arts Nationals


Well yesterday was our day to play! I went to Universal CityWalk with my parents and we ate at Bubba Gump's and watched fireworks. Mmmmm....next to Pappadeaux, Bubba Gump's has some of the best sea food this side of the Mississippi.




For today we just sat back and relaxed!

It's been a busy week indeed! In Orlando Florida competed in four categories for the National Fine Arts Festival; ASL Solo, ASL storytelling, ASL group, and Drama Ensemble, Large.

And guess what?? God was good to me (as He usually is!)! I got the Award of Merit for ASL Storytelling but I honestly don't know why! I had no clue what I was doing! However, my crituque sheets said "good use of ASL." And all three judges for that category were Deaf.

It's cool the way God shows up and helps us!

As for our Large Group Drama, we got a Superior on it. :( But we were fine with that, because this is the first year that our large group got to Nationals! It was also the first time that everyone who competed in FAF at our small church got to go!

Here I am praying with my youth group before the big performance! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment