Monday, August 3, 2009

Church Camp






Yikes! It seems that time is getting away from me! I apologize for having not posted anything in who knows how long. It's been crazy.

Well I think I will start at the highlight of my summer, that being church camp :). Church camp was the very last week of June leading up to July.

If I could sum up camp in one sentence it would sound something like: Camp. Was. Awe. Some.

And it always is! In fact every year it gets better. Sure we still sing some of the same songs, eat the same food, do the same activities. And those are fun!

But that's not what we go to camp for!

We go for the Word.....

The Spirit.....

The fire.......

The healings.....

The miracles.....

The message of Jesus Christ our Savior and His amazing love for us! If you want to get fed spiritually church camp is the place for you.

One of my "biggies" this year was the fact that I needed more God! More! More! More! He showed me that the fears I had been struggling with was nothing more than the devil "tryin'a fasten a hammel" on me and God is love and perfect love casts out fear. I shoulda known. But I come to camp so that I can learn what I need to work on!

I am going to college this fall and had been really scared about it. Being on my own is new but then God reminded me of the Scripture verses in Psalms 139 which say,

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast

YAY!! God is always with me! No matter where I am! I've heard those verses many times but had I truly known them with my heart? Of course not! Praise God for being so good to me!

He was also good to my friends but if you wanna know their stories, ask them. :). I tell you one thing, you will not meet a finer group of students than what we have back at my church! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment