Saturday, April 11, 2009

The "Lasts" of Senior Year

The Senior section has always been one of my favorite sections of the yearbook, but it's so hard to believe that one of the seniors featured in this year's Senior section will be me....

Where has time gone?

Still hard to believe that this will be my last year in Teen Bible Quiz, my last year in yearbook staff, my last year at Academy, my last year to compete in Fine Arts Festival, my last year in youth group, my last year to go to Youth Camp as a camper, and my first and last year as a competitive speaker.

These "lasts" hit me pretty hard tonight, because tonight was the (dare I say it?) last meeting for my speech and debate team for the school year.

Hard to believe that I barely knew many of those on our team at the beginning of the year! And if you had seen us in Mrs. Alsop's van on the way to the Houston tournament, you wouldn't believe it either!

Caffeine + Sleep-deprived + 8 girls + 1 guy + ADOS=CRAZY!!! :)

But I could not have asked for a better group of people to travel with as a team! I love you all!!!!

Now I'm thinking about Fine Arts. Looking back would I have wanted to compete with any other churches at the competition? Heck, no!

Thank God that I have an amazing youth group, filled with wonderful teenagers like myself, who want to grow and keep growing in their relationship with God! They have been my fellow campers, prayer warriors, and friends. I love all of you so much!

And thank God for Fine Arts! It is, in my opinion, one of the best programs the Assemblies of God has to offer its youth! Without FAF I would not have discovered that God has called me into deaf ministry-or that I love Sign Language so much! What amazing opportunities I had to display the gifts and talents that God has given me! I am so glad that I did not take those lightly!

Church camp. I absolutely hate it that this is my last year to go as a camper! :(. But thank God for camp! Camp is my highlight of the summer! A time for just me and God to fellowship, grow closer, and just talk! A time for me to grow closer to those in our youth group! I feel like a better person coming out than when I go in! :) What amazing memories!

Teen Bible Quiz! I will miss it so much! I have been actively involved in Bible quiz for twelve years now. It has been so much a part of my life, and I am thankful to the Lord for it too! I have made Psalm 119:11 my life verse. This verse is the reason why I have stuck with Bible Quiz for so long.

I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You.

Bible Quiz has given me opportunities to grow in my knowledge of the Bible. Head knowledge, that is.

But whenever I'm in a situation and I need God's guidance, He brings to my remembrance the verse that applies to the situation, and from Him, I gain heart knowledge.

God's Word is life to me. For years, I have been feeding my Spirit with His words and have not even known it!

Bible Quiz has, indeed, taught me many things about His Word, and because I know the Bible, I feel like I have a more personal relationship with One who wrote it!

That my friends, is what Bible Quiz is all about!

And Academy! I am so going to miss Academy! The choirs, the plays, the writing the study halls (where we don't really study!), and most importantly, the people.

The People consisting of my teachers and friends-too many of them to count! Too many memories, like playing ERS in Bio lab, Apples to Apples in study hall, off campus lunches at BK, and the list goes on!

Thank You, Lord, for giving me such great friends, team members, teachers, coaches, youth group members, debate team members, and pastors!

Yes, there are many lasts in Senior year. But I cannot let it depress me, because I know that there will be many "firsts" next year.

Now, I can't say that I know what those "firsts" are.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to it! ":D

Just one more thing before you leave
Don't forget to remember me"

Don't Forget to Remember Me by Carrie Underwood


No comments:

Post a Comment