Wednesday, April 22, 2009

He Really Does Care for You

Ever had a problem that seemed so BIG you didn't know HOW in the name of all things good in this world you were going to get out of it????

Well, I have.

I was reading an e-devotional that I receive from Kenneth Copeland Ministries a few minutes ago, andGod must've known what was on my mind, because that devotional was just the message that I needed to hear!

You see, I will be attending North Central University this fall, and I have been concerned as to how I'm going to pay for it. I've been to the school, and I absolutely loved it, but just like every Christian college, it's really pricey.

Lately, I've felt like I'm walking into a debt trap, yet I know that's where the Lord wants me to go. And by golly I'm going!

But the devil had been harassing me about the tuition check. And you know what? It seems outright irresponsible to not worry about it!

That is, it SEEMED irresponsible till I read these verses from the devotional.

25. I was young, and now I am old, but I have never seen the righteous forsaken, or their children begging bread.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you!


So, worrying about something, like a parent being in the hospital or a huge credit card bill, makes us responsible people, and if we don't worry about it, we're just a bunch of low-down, good-fer-nothing, scumbags, right?

WRONG!

Worry does NOT =being responsible. Worry is sin! What sin, you may ask? It's the sin of not trusting God! Matthew 6 tells us that very plainly here.

Matthew 6:32-33
For the pagans run after all these things, and your Heavenly Father KNOWS YOU NEED THEM! But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and ALL THESE THINGS shall be GIVEN TO YOU as well.

So you see, we're not supposed to be like the world. The worldly do not have El-Shaddai that they can fall back on, so they have cause to worry!

But we, as Christians have not excuse, whatsoever! After all, we do indeed have El-Shaddai to rely on, so we've no cause to worry!

That doesn't mean that I don't need to work hard though, mind you. That just means that I don't need to bust myself with worry because my job and the scholarships are not my Source. :)

Hey, He'll do the same for you! You belong to Him as much as I do, and he is no respecter of persons! :D

Praise God, once again for revelations! He knows what we need to hear, when we need to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment