Monday, March 2, 2009

Rocky Road, or Sandy Shore?

Whew.....

Just said goodbye to some very good friends of ours after preparing (and feasting on!) an amazingly-awesome dinner party! Laughs were shared, cookies and brownies were themselves consumed by the chocolate-thirsty individuals, and songs from the Phantom of the Opera were sang. Yes, a lovely evening indeed.

God indeed made us to fellowship-not just with our brothers and sisters in Christ but with Him. Sadly, I have been neglecting that fellowship for awhile. No, I didn't say I'd stopped believing it-I said I'd cooled a little bit. Just not as excited about Him as I used to be.

My house has been on the sand. And every time the winds and rains have come and beat against my house, I've fallen flat on my face.

When it comes to a relationship with the God of the universe, it's all or nothing, and I have found that living both ways makes you double-minded, and according to James, if you're double-minded, you're unstable. I've realized that I've been, in a way, playing the role of god in my life. Let me explain. I may be a good guitar player. But it is the grace of God that makes me a good musician, not because I'm so "great." In fact, I don't even deserve it!

I've also found that if I'm not fully focused on Him then I can become confused, distracted. Not on top of things spiritually. I've even prayed during service at church, begging God to not let me be the one who interprets the message given in tongues! :O.

I've also let my faith for healing slack up a bit. I've not been on top of the devil every time I've had a headache like I used to. If I've gotten sick I've just endured it with silent acceptance, like when I had the stomach virus last year. And every time I've gotten sick since then it's been worse.

So really, if you give a mouse a cookie.....he's gonna want a glass of milk. :)

Foolish pride. That's what's been keeping me from being blessed by God, used by God, healed by God. And according to Proverbs, pride eventually leads to destruction.

Yikes.

It's so amazing how easy it is to fall prey to the devil's schemes, to fall into temptation! God forbid that I be like the foolish person who built his house on the sand!

No.

I'm gonna put my trust in God and by golly, keep my house secured on the rock!

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

1 comment:

  1. "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Math 6:24

    Thanks for the encouragement. I love your posts. It is scary on how easily I fall into the flesh. I need to put "I can do all things through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:23

    A Chance to Die.

    Keep them coming! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete