Friday, March 6, 2009

It Just Hit me....

about how badly I need God's grace in my life!

Today we had a Speech and Debate Round Robin tournament.

Round Robins do not have the high-strung atmosphere like the tournament in Houston did, (thank the Lord, because I probably would have fallen out-no, not in the Spirit, thank you :) but it still required good time management and organization, NONE of which I seemed to have at the beginning of this tournament. I had to get my speech and read it off because I blanked out on some of those well-loved statistics (if that had been a real tournament then I would have either been disqualified, or have been given a penalty of two ranks), bombed my limited preparation Apologetics speech in the first round (How embarrassing!), and to put the cherry on top, I seemed to be very forgetful during speech round one! I forgot pens, ballots, and seemed to be scatterbrained! I was so ready to cry after I had given my speeches for the first time today!

Then it hit me.....

Once again, I was building my house on the sand! I had been so reliant on "MY" amazingly-awesome memorization skills, and "MY" supposed mad thinking-on-my-feet abilities.

Once again, I had forgotten Who my Source of strength, peace and speaking skills was.

Once again, I had forgotten Who had even GIVEN me those talents!

When I realized that, I prayed to my Source and asked Him for help, strength and peace. And oh, how I needed that peace! And you know something? When the LORD delivers, by golly He delivers!

He gave me the peace I needed to do my second Apologetics speech, the words to say, and enough words to say to fill the time slot!

He gave me the strength and composure I needed to do my Persuasive, and He helped me handle myself with grace, when I needed to look at my speech notes (again!)

All in all, it was a good day, not because the judges gave me good reviews, but because I let the Holy Spirit teach me! And when you let the Holy Spirit teach you, you are setting yourself up for success, not failure. After all, doesn't the Bible say that God works EVERYTHING for our good? (Romans 8:28).

Knowing that you can't do it on your own, helps you to fully rely on God. His grace is sufficient to get you out of any trouble that you're in right now! It's by grace THROUGH FAITH that we're even saved! (Ephesians 2:8).

So I need to rely on His grace, listen to what He tells me to do, and by faith DO IT!!!

He showed me that today through a six-hour speech and debate tournament. I can hardly wrap my mind around what He could teach me with six days, or six years if I listen and obey!

Praise God for revelations!

For My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made perfect in your weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

  1. So true Jeannie....sorry you had problems at the RR. It'll get better if you just keep relying on the Holy Spirit. DO NOT forget that at the AR Open!!!!

    ReplyDelete